So, you have a bed and breakfast at your home, but you want to take it to the next level. There are many small things you can do to make your home and bed and breakfast look more inviting. One of the ways to improve the look and appeal is by doing some low-scale home improvements to the entryways and common areas. Not sure what exactly to do? Here are a few ideas.
- Make a concrete red carpet. Build a walkway that leads from the street or where their cars will park to the door. It should be wide enough for two people to walk side-by-side.
- Make the entry a bright one. Make use of a splash of color to make your point of entry draw attention. A bright colored door will be inviting and immediately draw attention.
- Keep the view clear. Make sure that you trim away overgrown hedges or other plants that block the view of your house and front door. Rather trim the hedges and give it a clean and welcoming look.
- Add your personality. There are no rules about what features you can add and what not. Add a bit of personality to your walkway and entry points by being creative. Use colored tiles, a wooden door, interesting wall ornaments, shaped plants, etc.
- Make use of repetition. When it comes to design, repeating certain elements helps to connect everything. Repeat things like arches or window frames to give the exterior of your house a ‘together’, sleek and connected look.
- Add cover to the front door area. To keep your guests from getting caught in the rain or snow, add a roof or awning to your entryway or front door area.
These are very simple home improvements that can help to improve the appeal of your home as your guests arrive. Some you can do yourself, but others you need to find a home improvement specialist.